Horticulture & Sericulture
DEPARTMENT OF HORTICULTURE & SERICULTURE:
- Horticulture has been identified as one of the “focus sectors” for development of the Nagarkurnool district and state as well.
- Horticulture crops provide better alternative for diversification of Agriculture in view of horticulture asgrowth engine. The diversification of Agriculture is recognized as an important strategy to overcome theemerging challenges in Agriculture.
- Horticulture sector, significantly commands a large employment potential by way of supporting a series ofdirect and indirect activities related to Area Expansion of fruit crops, vegetables & Floriculture, developmentof Nurseries, Post-Harvest Management, Extension activities such as Technical Guidance on Horticulturalcrops management.
Objectives of Horticulture Department:
- Implementation of various schemes in the district as approved by the govt. for the benefit of the
- Providing of technical knowledge/ techniques in raising of fruit orchards, vegetable and floriculture
crops, obtaining enhanced produce, productivity and control measures on pest and diseases by the
departmental officers and scientists.
- Good marketing methods/procedure to increase economic status and storage facilities.
- Submitting of proposal to the government for releasing of input subsidy to the crops damaged due to
adverse seasonal conditions.
- Explaining the implementation of crop insurance scheme to the farmers.
- Obtaining of quality planting material/seedlings/grafts only from the registered/licensed
nurseries and implementation of nursery act.
- Organizing of after sales service campaigns to the beneficiaries in maintaining, usage and taking up
compulsory measures for good services of system.
- Organizing of trainings, awareness for drip irrigation & its benefits.
- Creating of awareness among the interested farmers by arranging visits to the fields of progressive
farmers about good maintenance practices and obtaining more production.
- Exposure visits to the farmers in best cultivation methods in the district level, inter districts and outside state
STATEMENT SHOWING THE AREA PARTICULARS OF HORTICULTURE CROPS OF THE DISTRICT
|Sl.No.||Name of the component||Area (Ha.)||Production (MTs)|
22400 DFLS Brushing,Cocoon Production 16128 kgs
Major Crops Grown:
Fruits – Mango, Guava & Pomegranate
Vegetables: Tomato, Brinjal, Okra, Cucumber & Watermelon.
Spices: Red Chilli
SCHEMES UNDER IMPLEMENTATION(PDF 200 KB)
- Creating of awareness in mulberry cultivation and its benefits.
- Providing of regular advises/directions to the mulberry raising farmers.
- Submitting of proposals to the state level authorities for development of sericulture and
to provide basic facilities to farmers.
- Supply of quality disinfectants (seed) to the farmers on 75% subsidy.
- Assistance for construction of silk worm rearing sheds on 75% subsidy.
- Assistance to farmers for farm mechanization on 50% subsidy.
- Training programmes on silk worm rearing.
Incentives provided by the Department under Sericulture:
- Rs.100/- per 100 Disease Free Layings of Bivoltine variety. The cost of 100 DFLs is Rs.650/
- On Bivoltine Cocoons Rs.75/- per Kg. as incentive.
- On Cross Breed Cocoons Rs.40/- per Kg. as incentive.
- For chawkie worms Rs.150/- per 100 Bivoltine DFLs as incentive.
Website of Department of Horticulture and Sericulture: http://horticulture.tg.nic.in/